Summer is an incredible time of year for many reasons, the warmth, the sunshine and best of all, the barbecues! We all love to get outside barbecue with our families, and there are many reasons why –ribs, chicken, steak, corn and potato salad, just to name a few. Although barbecues are always fun and delicious, there is a downside, they can wreak havoc on your garbage disposal. Drain cleaning in Mokena is an easy way to keep your garbage disposal clear, but it is much more effective to prevent damage from happening in the first place. You can prevent damage by following this list of what not to put in your garbage disposal:
- Grease- While grease may be liquid when it is hot, once it cools it will become solid and clog your drain.
- Stringy Veggies- By stringy, we mean vegetables like corn or celery. The string can and will get caught on the blade in your disposal.
- Starchy Veggies- Never put the peels of potatoes in your garbage disposal. The starch will form a paste and clog your drain.
- Rice or Pasta- Rice and pasta will expand when they are wet, whichwill eventually cause a clog in your drain.
- Bones- No bones should ever go down your drain (with the exception of fish bones). Garbage disposals just aren’t strong enough to deal with bones, and they will end up getting caught in your disposal.
No one wants to have to deal with a clogged drain. They can get stinky and unpleasant very quickly. If you experience a drain clog that you can’t fix on your own, then you need to give RJ Graham Plumbing a call. We offer expert service for an affordable price.